What may be the largest update to date between releases is now available, the number of changes is vast and too numerous to account for here, but here is what I can remember that is of importance:
- A ton of optimizations to nearly every major game class, expect exponentially higher frame rates.
- A ton of bugs squashed, and exceptions handled (much more stable game.)
- 10 tons of code rewritten, removed, or otherwise simplified and optimized, the game codebase is now exponentially cleaner and easier to work with.
- Terrain texturing algorithm now has a cliff splatting layer for texturing cliffs.
- Tornado spell has been completed.
- 2 more tribes have been activated as playable by the AI.
- Faster pathfinding class, shorter loading times for levels.
- New better quality tribe specific building meshes.
- New higher quality trees
- New mana charge progress bars
- New building class: mage training hut
- New unit class: mage.
- New vehicle class: sea tower.
- UI changes: minimap implemented.
- New spell: wolf pack.
- New weather event: thunderstorm.
- Weather events now travel instead of sitting in place.
- Combat system has been rewritten and isolated to its own class.
- Slope checking for units now implemented, steeper terrain = slower walking, units can be shoved down hills.
- Improved lightning bolt effects.
- New scripted main menu engine allows for dynamic and user created main menu scenes.
- Support for multiple solar systems finally implemented, say hello to as many maps as you can imagine.
- The shaman indicator now shows the current active state of the shaman.
- More vehicle related bugs resolved.
- Getting units in and out of boats now easier.
The long delayed restructure of the unit management class has begun, I have taken the equivalent of a blunt axe to the code base, stripping or moving several thousand lines of code. I have already identified several serious problems that were present in the code during this.
The old unit combat manager has been completely removed, and the structure of the unit and building classes greatly simplified. several poorly coded functions have been replaced.
This new site layout is brought to you by Waleed, with a few personal alterations.
As you might already notice, I am breaking away from the long release cycle to a more frequent
schedule of minor updates whenever possible. This will help spur development speed and hopefully
breathe some new life into this project and the community. For a list of recent changes check
the game launcher news or you can view it directly Here
Quickly, everyone rush of to the multiplayer lobby to experience the bugs multiplayer has to offer!
Multiplayer matchup will be done with the Resurrection Client
a BETA release of the world editor is available.